And contrary to the narrative:
- I graduated from a private university (Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude etc) and I also hold a masters degree.
- I am a musician. I enjoy, and can play, blues and Bach, Broadway and Beethoven.
- I drive a Subaru: 31 mpg.
- I voted for McGovern in my very first election, and have consistently generally voted Democratic since. (Although that may have to has already begun to change.)
- I recycle and I compost.
- I’m not a NASCAR fan, but good old USA football does indeed get my juices flowing.
- I’ve maintained a daily meditation practice for more than 35 years.
- My friends include people of all kinds of colors and sexual orientations. Just sayin’.
- Finally, I support the repeal of DADT, and wonder why we still throw obstacles in the way of committed gay couples. Family is who says they are family.
Some people may think they can define, slur, “identify, isolate, freeze,” tea partiers. I’m here to say to them: go ahead and continue in your willful delusions.
We Tea Partiers, who are America, will not back down.
(Now go visit Philmon and read about another Tea Partier!)
UPDATED TO CLARIFY: No, I did not vote for candidate Obama. See strike-throughs above.